Careers & Jobs
NOTE: LTM Plastics will always happily consider new applications – even when there are no openings. Roles we are actively seeking to fill will be designated by a green “NOW HIRING” label.
Mold Setup Technician – Full Time
The Mold Setup Tech is primarily responsible for setting up plastic-injection molds around the shop, troubleshooting and performing tool maintenance and repair work as needed.
- The setup tech maintains control of the entire injection molding process. Verifies correct setup of molds, processes and auxiliary equipment before machine starts up.
- Establishes proper conditions, perform process monitoring and various other functions to insure part conformity and quality.
- Identifies and resolves issues: applies experience and knowledge in making adjustments; documents changes; addresses questionable parts; and monitors and focuses on scrap reduction.
- Ensures product is consistent with product quality and adherence to the Quality System.
- Responsible for performing mold and/or material changes as dictated by the schedule and helping to teach and train material handlers on an ongoing basis.
- Review work orders to insure the correct issuing of raw materials, packaging, inserts, etc.
- Basic understanding of hydraulics as they apply to the Injection molding machine.
- Basic understanding of electricity and electronics as they apply to the molding floor. The ability to check fuses, change out heater bands, check voltages, for example.
- Perform maintenance as required.
- Must have prior experience working in plastic-injection molding (5yr minimum).
- Must have prior experience hanging, setting and troubleshooting injection molds (3yr minimum).
- Knowledge of automation and assembly is a plus.
- Candidates need to be self-motivated and independent, ready to “roll up your sleeves.”
- Ability to work in fast-paced, unstructured environment.
- Willingness to work approx. 50hr/wk. (paid overtime)
- Bilingual is a plus (Spanish / English)
- Must be physically able to lift 100lb w/ reasonable assistance; 50lb with or without assistance.
- Ability to move easily from one area to another, able to stoop, reach and bend.
- Ability to hear equipment, visually check for defects in product and sense temperature changes in the finished product.
- Rotation of four work days one week, three days the next.
- Must be able to work one weekend day. The other will be scheduled “off.”
- Day Shift: 600a – 630p (12hrs)
- Night Shift: 600p – 630a (12hrs)
Our facility is located near I-25 & I-70, near Downtown Denver. This is a well-organized and clean industrial manufacturing plant. Safety equipment available on-site to be used as needed.
Negotiable, based on experience. Beginning at $27/hr.
Paid breaks and lunches
Paid Time Off
Health insurance options (after 90 day probationary period).
*** PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE THE REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE. ***